There have been several requests to outline the steps involved in getting your genealogy-related blog added to Facebook using Blog Networks. Here is a short summary:
1. Make sure you have Blog Networks added as an application.
2. Select the Blog Networks applications. Click Add New Blog.
3. When the Add A New Blog dialog appears, enter the pertinent information.
4. When finished, click Next. You will be asked if you are the author of the blog. Click Yes.
5. You now need to get 10 confirmations that you are the author. Why? This is Blog Networks' way of making sure that splogs (spam blogs) don't make their way into Facebook.
Click on Ask Friends to Verify.
6. Select up to 20 friends to whom you want to send the invitation. They will be asked to confirm you as author.
7. Your blog is now part of the Blog Network. It will not appear at the top of the My Blogs list until you receive 10 authors. Also remember that you need 15 readers or more to be included in the blog feed for Blog Networks.