Sunday, August 3, 2008

TIP: Putting Your News Feed to Work

The News Feed area of your Facebook home page keeps you updated on all your friends. It can do a lot more. I was scanning my news feed this morning and noticed that a couple of my friends had become fans of Heritage Books.com. Hmmmm. Heritage Books is a great genealogy resource and I'm glad to see they're on Facebook so I wandered on over to their page and took a look. I see that they are posting updates on new items and special discounts - things I would like to know about. So, all I have to do is click on Become a Fan in the right sidebar and each new update will show up in my Facebook news feed.

You'll find many interesting and useful organizations and businesses on Facebook. For example, I use WordPress as my blogging platform at Family Matters so I'm a fan of WordPress on Facebook. This is an easy way to keep up with news and updates about WordPress.

Not only is Facebook a great way to meet other genealogy addicts and socialize with people who understand your addiction, it's a great way to keep up with news, deals, updates and opportunities from organizations and vendors supporting our community. All it takes is one click to become a fan and the news is delivered to your Facebook news feed.

No comments: