Here are the basic steps to burning a feed using FeedBurner:
1. Go to FeedBurner and create an account.
2. Burn a feed by entering your blog address in the Burn a feed right this instant field and clicking Next. For this posting, I will use this blog, Bootcamp for Genea-Bloggers.
3. You will be asked to identify the feed source. In our case, we are choosing between the Atom and the RSS formats. Select RSS.
4. If all goes well and the feed can be readily identified, you will be asked to click Activate Feed.
5. Click Next if you care to customize the FeedBurner Stats program or click Skip directly to feed management. We will skip and come back to the stats later.
6. Copy the entire feed address and paste it into a blank email or a blank document for later retrieval. Our feed address is http://feeds.feedburner.com/FacebookBootcampForGenea-bloggers.
7. Now you must adjust certain settings in Blogger in order to redirect the feed to FeedBurner and to offer an icon for your users to click to subscribe to your feed.
8. On your Blogger dashboard, locate the blog and click Settings. The Settings tab will display the various options.
9. Click Site Feed. In the Post Feed Redirect URL field, enter the full feed address displayed at FeedBurner.
10. Click Save Settings.
11. Return to FeedBurner and click on My Feeds. Your feed most likely cannot be accessed since FeedBurner is still receiving all the redirected content. You may be asked to check back, up to 24 hours from now.
Now you need to add a means with which your readers can subscribe to your content:
12. Return to the Blogger Dashboard, select your blog and click Layout.
13. Click Add Gadget.
14. The Add Gadget window appears. Locate the Subscription Links gadget and click the image.
15. The Configure Subscription Links window appears. Click Save.
16. A new Subscribe To feature appears on your blog.
That's all there is to it. There are many different settings and tweaks which can be made to the feed once the feed is fully displayed in FeedBurner.